Fifty Fathoms SKX007 Mod for Sale
The NXTSKO take on the classic "Fifty Fathoms" homage watch has finally arrived. We've always admired the style of the Blancpain original, and that kept us from pursuing a line of Fifty Fathoms watches -- until now. We've found a combination of components that shows off our take on this classic watch and turns it into something that stands all on its own.
Let's break down this bad-boy piece by piece:
The Limited Edition Dial. Crafted by our good friends at Lucius Atlier, the process of producing this dial was no easy task. This is essentially two dials of different dimension sandwiched as one. Both dials are processed separately, stamped separately, brushed separately, coated black separately, applying indices separately and finally pinning both dials together.
In order to retain the quality and enriching the effect of the modern design, the top layer dial is finished with a sunburst brushed black effect while the bottom layer dial is finished with a radiant brushed black effect. Thus, giving a cross-directional reflection in the presence of light.
What's more, silver polish applied indices are filled with multiple layers of 100% Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 luminous pigment. Not forgetting a non-intrusive and functional date window located between 4 and 5 o'clock.
- The Hands. Iconic Fathom Hands with a polished silver finish are filled with 100% Swiss Super-LumiNova® BGW9 to emit a long-lasting blue glow.
- The Bezel. Chunky polished stainless steel bezel to play up the original tool watch heritage of the Fifty Fathoms, instead of a more traditional coin-edge bezel.
- The Bezel Insert. Rather than mimic the classic sapphire bezel inserts on traditional Fifty Fathoms homage watches, we chose a sapphire lumed bezel for a more modern and distinctive look that makes this watch stand on its own.
- The Crystal. Genuine sapphire flat crystal featuring a premium blue anti-reflective coating. No stock Hardlex at NXTSKO!
- The Crown. Chunky, signed "S" crown to match the chunky bezel.
- The Band. Supple silicone genuine Seiko Prospex band with stainless steel keeper and hardware (a $100 value alone, we also sell these bands on the site).
- The Movement. The watch is finished off with a regulated SII NH36 automatic movement for superior durability, unbeatable accuracy, and a 41 hour power reserve. The movement offers a quickset day and date feature, hacking (stop-seconds) and hand winding. The NH36 is a significant improvement over the traditional 7S26 movements of the past.
All NXTSKO watches are tested water resistant to 50m for worry free enjoyment, and feature components and parts capable of delivering on the original inspiration's 200M water resistance.